Wednesday, February 1, 2012

OpEd in Review

Though i like the idea of an opinion editorial, the most frustrating thing for me was going to the writing center. Though some viable suggestions were made, I feel that some suggestions were not applicable to my paper. Frankly, I didn't want to change how I wrote my OpEd because it was just that--my OpEd. I acknowledge that the mentor at the writing center had an outside opinion on my paper, but I disagree with a few of his suggestions and politely ignored them. Other than that incident, I felt the OpEd was an assignment worth doing. Though I come from a Ford family, my favorite car and pride and joy is a Porsche 924. It amused me to talk down on other manufacturers and I think, as a future attorney, that this skill is something I need to develop. All in all, I had fun and am looking forward to the next assignment.

1 comment:

  1. I will agree, the writing center was a little bit of a hassle. But after making the time, it was nice to get feedback from another person other than myself, and find ways to make my thoughts more clear.

    ReplyDelete